From taking a stroll to trying some extreme sports – try these!
Take a Walk
- Find a Tree Tour
- Create a Mural Tour
- Take a Heritage Walking Tour (app download required)
- Want to walk in a group? Sacramento Walking Sticks has tons of options.
- Find routes on our Park City Map or Neighborhood Guides
- Want better walking conditions? Join Walk Sacramento!
- Hiking? Sacramento Magazine has suggestions, but also get ideas and maps from Hiking Project.
- Running? There are a lot of clubs for that too!
Ride a Bike
- SacTown Magazine has 10 great rides around the region here.
- Ride the River Parkways – Use the River to River Route to connect through town for a 20 mile loop.
- Bike Party is First Friday!
- Join a Club! We’ve got Wheelmen, Bike Hikers, Hammerin’ Wheels and more on Meetup.
- Want better biking? Join Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates (SABA)
- Want to ride dirt? Near downtown there is the Cal Expo-Woodlake loop for an easy ride. SAMBA is working to make mountain biking in the Parkway better.
- Excellent mountain biking starts in the Folsom-Auburn area and up the hills to Tahoe. Deer Creek Hills has Monday night rides, and explore tons of trails on MTB Project and Trailforks. For group rides Hammerin’ Wheels has regular friendly rides for all levels.
- For better mountain biking – join FATRAC!
Float and Paddle
Catch a Breeze
- Go Parasailing
- Pick up kiteboarding or windsurfing in the Delta
- Sail Lake Natoma