From taking a stroll to trying some extreme sports – try these!
Take a Walk
- Find a Tree Tour
- Create a Mural Tour
- Take a Heritage Walking Tour (app download required)
- Want to walk in a group? Sacramento Walking Sticks has tons of options.
- Find routes on our Park City Map or Neighborhood Guides
- Want better walking conditions? Join Walk Sacramento!
- Hiking? Sacramento Magazine has suggestions, but also get ideas and maps from Hiking Project.
- Running? There are a lot of clubs for that too!
Ride a Bike
- SacTown Magazine has 10 great rides around the region here.
- Ride the River Parkways – Use the River to River Route to connect through town for a 20 mile loop.
- Bike Party is First Friday!
- Join a Club! We’ve got Wheelmen, Bike Hikers, Hammerin’ Wheels and more on Meetup.
- Want better biking? Join Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates (SABA)
- Want to ride dirt? Near downtown there is the Cal Expo-Woodlake loop for an easy ride. SAMBA is working to make mountain biking in the Parkway better.
- Excellent mountain biking starts in the Folsom-Auburn area and up the hills to Tahoe. Deer Creek Hills has Monday night rides, and explore tons of trails on MTB Project and Trailforks. For group rides Hammerin’ Wheels has regular friendly rides for all levels.
- For better mountain biking – join FATRAC!
Float and Paddle
- When it’s hot head for the water. Here are some of the best SUP and kayak destinations to paddle
- For the leisurely in town float, head to the lower American
- A tree at Tree Tops rope course
- In a quarry at Rocklin’s Quarry Park
- A wall at Pipeworks or Granite Arch, or a boulder at the Boulder Field
- Auburn Quarry and Cosumnes River Gorge are the closest outdoor rock climbing areas
- You’ll see leagues and pick up games in most of our local parks. Looking for a team? This wiki has most of the leagues and there are also Meetup Groups for most sports.
Hunt for Treasure
- Do the East Sac Scavenger Hunt
- Get out and Geocache
- Look for Pokemon?
Catch a Breeze
- Go Parasailing
- Pick up kiteboarding or windsurfing in the Delta
- Sail Lake Natoma