What is your vision for Sacramento National Park City?. We use the question “What If?” to collect visions of what a greener, healthier, wilder, more wonderful future would contain. Contribute your ideas and we will work them into our planning. Make them big and bold, but also achieveable with lots of resources and work!
Here are some ideas we have gathered so far-
- What if we restored channelized creeks and made them into a network of greenways with trails? – Steve
- What if we made statues at each school for the people they are named after? – Erika
- What if we created community art hubs were artist could come together? – Erika
- What if there was a “Water Trail” from Folsom to Discovery Park/Old Sac? – Dave
- What if the downtown grid was closed to vehicles? – Deb
- What if every neighborhood in Sacramento enjoyed the big tree canopy that draw people to neighborhoods like East Sacramento, Land Park and Curtis Park? – Caity
The Sacramento region has high levels of disparity and we are making efforts to include the visions from a broad cross section of communities, with a focus on building up resources for underserved areas. If you can help us with this outreach please let us know and we will ensure your voice is heard. Sacramento can only be a National Park City if we are working to extend these benefits to everyone.
Will you join us?
Get involved by exploring, enjoying, and building a better Sacramento. Connect with us to add your voice to the movement by email, social media, and contact us to add your organization to our list of partners.